Sunday, August 14, 2011
Everytime we go up to market street grill we order this easy simple salad! Its just the best in the summer! Enjoy!
SPINACH SALAD WITH WARM BLUE CHEESE
1 1/2 lbs. spinach leaves, cleaned & trimmed
1 red onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c. olive oil
3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
2/3 c. light cream
4 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
3/4 c. coarsely chopped walnuts
1. In large salad bowl combine the spinach and onion; refrigerate.
2. Saute the garlic in olive oil over moderate heat until soft.
3. Add vinegar and stir to blend. Bring to a simmer.
4. Whisk in cream, the sauce will split, bring to simmer at a very low heat. Whisk in cheese, continue stirring.
5. Pour sauce over spinach. Toss. Add walnuts. Serve. Makes 4 servings.
Posted by Kathy Lowe at Sunday, August 14, 2011