OLIVE GARDEN® ZUPPA TOSCANA
This recipe originates from the original recipe adapted to serve just 6-8. It is soooo yummy and since I have some fresh Kale growing in my garden right now I'm going to make it for dinner!
It is a very good soup and hits the spot on cold winter days. In my opinion, making these recipes at home makes them even better than the ones you eat at the restaurant! :)
Makes: 6-8 servings
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1½ tsp crushed red peppers
- 1 large diced white onion
- 4 Tbsp bacon pieces
- 2 tsp garlic puree
- 10 cups water
- 5 cubes of chicken bouillon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb sliced Russet potatoes, or about 3 large potatoes
- ¼ of a bunch of kale
- Sauté Italian sausage and crushed red pepper in a large pot. Drain excess fat, refrigerate while you prepare other ingredients.
- In the same pan, sauté bacon, onions and garlic over low-medium heat for approximately 15 mins. or until the onions are soft.
- Add chicken bouillon and water to the pot and heat until it starts to boil.
- Add the sliced potatoes and cook until soft, about half an hour.
- Add the heavy cream and just cook until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in the sausage and the kale, let all heat through and serve. Delicious!